Friday, July 10, 2009

Purpose or Passion

The last several months I have believed that I had a calling, but not quite sure what it might be. As a pastors wife, you walk in your current situation as if it is your calling and you will find satisfaction. I believe that it is important for us to value to process. I heard a preacher say the other day to value the process to achieve our calling and purpose. I know that ultimitely our calling is defined as what you have been trained to do, I would argue that a calling is whatever you are purposed or have to do. Some become mothers unexpectedly, Some become pastors and hate it, some become teachers and loathe it. When you are truly called, you are thrust into something that is not necessarily conforatable, but you are good at.

I believe that while the last few years I have walked in the calling and purpose of the season in which I was in. I want to have a renewed passion. I believe that my problem has not been the "calling" that I was in, it was the passion or lack of that was the issue. To be passionate and to be called can become one in the same, you should be passionate about your call. You need to become passionate about the process. Passion is not something that you just have, it is something you gain as you become empathetic toward the purpose or cause. For example, when one person sees the starving children in Africa on television they may think to themselves that they want to do something and five mins. later that child and the country are both forgotten. take that same person to Africa and hand them a small starving child and they now may have a passion to help and to do something. Passion can be birthed through a vision. The bible states that "without a vision the people perish" I believe also true is without a vision passion dies. When we realize that when we truly become passionate that is when lives are changed. I know, that we say we want people saved but if we become passionate about it, lives will be changed and people will be saved. Find your purpose, passion and calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment