Monday, June 29, 2009

Faith????

Where has faith gone?



When I was a child I had childlike faith and I believe that Christ tells us to come to him as a child because of the faith. I recently got on facebook and though I have pastored for several years off and on with my husband I never realized until recently that people truly have so little faith.



When people want to get better, they ask for reference of meds, or a doctor. When people want financial problems solved, they go to conference. When they want their marriage fixed, they either go to couseling or re-marry. Why is it that faith in God is not longer the center of focus for christians today.

I recently had a friend post something that they were hoping, needing and expecting a miracle in. Suddenly post after post of people giving advice on how to fix it, things to do, people to call. This troubled me. People were not agreeing with the belief for a miracle but rather trying to offer solution. I know we as humans want a quick fix, if we are fat, we want a pill, or a surgery, if we are an addict we want a quick solution to deal with it. If we have a sickness, give me drugs. We then wonder why God isn't working.

Because we are not asking him to.

That is as simple and basic as answer that I can give. No one expects miracles. Yes people will "let" people pray for them, and will even ask for prayer but it seems today it is because it looks good. Why have we come to this. I remember when I was little I watched people get healed and there were praises and great declarations. I want, wish, hope and pray that we can become a people that will rise up in agreement with others when they want a miracle, not cower and believe in the ailment. If you truly want to help, pray, believe and find that childlike faith deep, deep down and thank God for the miracle that he has done.

Shout to the Lord with a voice of Triumph!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment